Do I Have to Have Association With a Catholic Church to Receive Help From CHAS @ St Vincent's?

Absolutely not; we are here to help everyone.

Why Do You Sell the Furniture Rather Than Give It Away?

Sadly many funding sources for charities no longer exist, so we have to make money to run the services we provide. ALL of our income from furniture is used to keep CHAS @ St Vincent's services going.

Can I Gift Aid My Donation? 

Absolutely! Ask for information when you ring to book your pick up, or when you drop off your donation at one of our shops. This will make your donation worth another 25% for us.

CHAS Bradford Previously Gave My Friend a Whole Lot of Furniture for £100;  I've Been Told I Have to Buy Items Individually from the Shop - Why is This?

CHAS Bradford was set up by Volunteers to help other local people who were struggling to find, keep or furnish their own home. Up until July 2007 they offered families a pack for £100 and single people paid £60 for a smaller pack. The packs included a suite or sofa, beds, and table and chairs. Unfortunately it cost CHAS Bradford more than £350 to produce each pack. CHAS Bradford reluctantly stopped the packs as we could no longer afford to produce them. Between July and November 2007 Bradford South and Bradford West Area Committees sponsored some packs for people living in their area... The clients paid their part and the Ward Committees funded the difference. We will advertise if we receive funding to run a similar scheme. In the meantime you can apply to Bradford Councils Assisted Purchase Scheme for help with purchasing low cost furniture items, just click the link for more info.

Why Have You Turned Down My Furniture Donation?

We appreciate every offer of help that we receive, though unfortunately we cannot accept furniture and household goods which do not have the correct Health & Safety Labels. Unfortunately, no matter how good quality the furniture is, it is illegal for us to pass them on without the attached Labels.

Do You Collect Furniture Donations in the Evenings or Weekends? 

At present we unfortunately no longer have the evening collection available. As our number of volunteers increases we may be able to help in future; please keep checking this website for details. We do however collect from the locally area weekends.

Do I Have to Pay for the Advice I Receive?

No, all our advice and support services are free. Housing Advice is available to those in housing need and includes both mortgage and rent problems. Debt Advice is also free and is available through our Council contracts.

Can CHAS @ St Vincent's Give Me a Loan or a Grant to Help Me?

Our Advice and Support Services can offer you help in finding available grants, and can make applications on your behalf, but we do not give out financial assistance.

Do I Have to Come to Allenby House for an Appointment?

Some of our services offer appointments out in the community including the Bradford South Advice Service.

I Have Received a Court Date for a Possession Hearing, What Can CHAS @ St Vincent's Do to Help Me?

If you are an existing client you need to contact your Advisor immediately.

If your court date is more than a day away, contact CHAS @ St Vincent's on 01274 731909 for advice.

If your court date is for tomorrow (Mondays for mortgage hearings and Wednesdays for rent hearings), when you arrive at the court, please ask the Usher to introduce you to an Advisor.


CHAS @ St Vincent's is a Community Support Project of the St Vincent de Paul Society (England & Wales)

Registered Office: Romero House, 55 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7JB

Tel: 020 7703 3030 Fax: 020 7703 5467 E-mail: info@svp.org.uk  Web: www.svp.org.uk

A Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in England & Wales No: 3174679 VAT Reg No: 945628100

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN: 624284  Charity Registration No: 1053992

Community Web Kit provided free by BT