CHAS Bradford can help you with debt and money management issues through one of our three schemes; Legal Services Commission, Bradford Metropolitan Council funding and Incommunities Tenants 

All of our advice is free to clients.

CHAS @ St Vincent's provides specialist debt advice to both tenants and home owners.

Home visits are available on request if you suffer from a disability which prevents you from attending any of our other appointments. Allenby House has facilities for wheelchair users.

Language translation services are available 

CHAS @ St Vincent's currently offers debt advice under two schemes:

Incommunities Tenants:
Incommunities have commisioned CHAS @ St Vincent's to provide independent and impartial support for Incommunities' tenants. The service offered is to help stop people from becoming homeless and help them manage their debt so they do not lose their home.

Bradford Metropolitan Council Funding:
CHAS @ St Vincent's provides specialist level debt advice for cases that are more complicated than the norm. Other Bradford based Debt services can refer clients to us for assistance; clients can also self refer.  

How do I get to see an Advisor? 

If you are an Incommunities' Tenant and would like an appointment, please ring 01274 254777.

Other clients should contact our main office on 01274 726790

What sort of help can we offer our Clients?
We provide a comprehensive service of information, support and practical assistance with the aim of enabling clients to take control of their finances. 
The advisers can help clients in a number of ways including: 

 Making arrangements on rent, council tax and water accounts

  • Making arrangements on gas and electricity accounts
  • Preparing and income and expenditure statement
  • Offering advice on budgeting
  • Helping make grant applications for help with water and utility debts
  • Providing advice and information and helping with applications for Bankruptcy
  • Providing advice and information and helping with applications for Administration Orders
  • Help making informal arrangements on credit debts
  • Referrals for specialist housing advice with CHAS Housing Advice and Tenancy Support teams

What can I expect of the service? 

  • A free service - there are no charges whichever scheme you are seen under 
  • Clear explanations of options, advice and our policies 
  • A designated Advisor - you will be given direct contact details for the person looking after your case 
  • Your interests put first 
  • An independent and confidential service 
  • To be treated in a non judgemental way through our commitment to equal opportunities

How do I get referred to the service?
You can refer yourself by contacting CHAS @ St Vincent's on 01274 726790

Incommunities tenants can also ask their housing officer for a referal

Referrals can also be made by professional agencies such as: 
Housing Offices, Social Services, other Advice Centres, Health Visitors and other Social Care/Housing Agencies

 What else do I need to know?
On your first visit please bring with you any details of benefits or wages and proof of all the accounts you need help with. 

If you are requested to provide further information please bring it in to us quickly, as it may hold up your case if you do not.

In some cases we will need to approach organisations on your behalf; we will not do so unless you have given your permission. You will be asked to sign a form to give us your authority at your initial interview.



      CHAS @ St Vincent's is a Community Support Project of the St Vincent de Paul Society (England & Wales)

      Registered Office: Romero House, 55 Westminster Bridge Road, LONDON, SE1 7JB

      Tel: 020 7703 3030 Fax: 020 7703 5467 E-mail: Web:

      A Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in England & Wales No: 3174679 VAT Reg No: 945628100  Charity Registration No: 1053992

      Community Web Kit provided free by BT